Mint Chocolate Cannabis Ice Cream
So decadent! And worth the preparation time…
August 7, 2015
1½ quart ice cream freezer container
2 cups CannaMilk
1 cup half-and-half
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon mint extract
2 drops green food coloring (optional)
1 cup dark chocolate, broken into pieces
View the original recipe at http://eatyourcannabis.com/mint-chocolate-cannabis-ice-cream/
- Combine CannaMilk, half-and-half, ½ cup sugar, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan and whisk together thoroughly. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a separate bowl while gradually adding 1 cup of the hot canna-cream from the saucepan. Return hot canna-cream and yolk mixture to the saucepan while whisking constantly.
- Heat everything for an additional 2 minutes; stir constantly.
- Pour the canna-cream mixture through a fine strainer and into a large bowl. Discard any solids.
- Chill cream uncovered in refrigerator for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Place plastic wrap on top of cream mixture after 1 hour. Let chill for another 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour cold cream mixture into 1½ quart ice cream freezer container. Stir in vanilla extract, peppermint extract and food coloring. Place container in freezer.
- Remove container from freezer after 3 hours (before it freezes completely); stir in dark chocolate pieces. Return container to freezer for another 6 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping and serving.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
August 07, 2015 — Last Updated