Who is soup-er excited for the colder months? We are, thanks to this delicious heart-warming number!
1 tbsp. unmedicated unsalted butter
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 medium white onion (small dice)
1 small red pepper (small dice)
5 cups low sodium chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1 1⁄2 tbsp. cannabutter
Optional addition: dollop of crème fraiche, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks, and set aside.
- In large stock pot melt unmedicated butter and vegetable oil. Add diced onion, red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. This will take around 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock to the pot, bring to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Lastly add cannabutter and gently stir for 4 minutes ensuring even distribution. Serve with dollop of crème fraiche.