Back in the day, we made nachos with shredded cheese. It got the job done, but once we started using this cheddar cheese sauce, we’ve never looked back!
3 cups tortilla chips
3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
3 tablespoons all-purpose our
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup (whole or 2 percent) milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the chips on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chips to a serving platter.
- Top with the green onions and tomato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over chips and serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over low heat. Whisk in the our, salt, and white pepper and cook for several minutes, stirring, to remove the raw our taste.
- Slowly pour in the milk and cream, stirring constantly; this ensures a smooth and creamy consistency. Once the milk and cream have been added, add the cream cheese in three or four pieces, whisking between each addition.
- Continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar a 1⁄2 cup at a time, whisking between each addition, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the nutmeg, and serve immediately.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|