25 Inspirational Weed Quotes
Whether pro-legalization of marijuana or against it, almost everyone has an opinion about marijuana use. From Tupac to Hugh Hefner, here are 25 of the most inspirational weed quotes we’ve heard.
Whether pro-legalization of marijuana or against it, almost everyone has an opinion about marijuana use. Individuals who voice their opinions about marijuana’s positive effects come from all walks of life, including singers, politicians, writers and doctors. Below are 25 of the most inspirational weed quotes we’ve heard.
1. “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.”
2. “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”
3. “Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.”
4. “It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.”
5. “The biggest killer on the planet is stress and I still think the best medicine is and always has been cannabis.”
6. “I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits -and millions of Americans agree with me.”
Hunter S. Thompson
7. “Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.”
8. “Marijuana enhances our mind in a way that enables us to take a different perspective from ‘high up’, to see and evaluate our own lives and the lives of others in a privileged way. Maybe this euphoric and elevating feeling of the ability to step outside the box and to look at life’s patterns from this high perspective is the inspiration behind the slang term “high” itself.”
9. “Marijuana is a useful catalyst for specific optical and aural aesthetic perceptions. I apprehended the structure of certain pieces of jazz and classical music in a new manner under the influence of marijuana, and these apprehensions have remained valid in years of normal consciousness.”
10. “Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable.”
11. “It is beyond my comprehension that any humane person would withhold such a beneficial substance from people in such great need simply because others use it for different purposes.”
12. “I have found in my study of these patients that cannabis is really a safe, effective and non-toxic alternative to many standard medications.”
Philip Denney, MD
13. “The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS — or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, marijuana is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.”
Joycelyn Elders, MD
14. “I was fascinated that one could have such perceptual changes, and also that they went with a certain feeling of significance, an almost numinous feeling. I’m strongly atheist by disposition, but nonetheless when this happened, I couldn’t help thinking, ‘That must be what the hand of God is like.’ ”
Oliver Sacks, Neurologist
15. “I’ve been smoking marijuana for 44 years now, and … I think it’s a tremendous blessing.”
16. “If you substitute marijuana for tobacco and alcohol, you’ll add eight to 24 years to your life.”
17. “Smoking helped put me in touch with the realm of the senses.”
18. “Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?”
19. “When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.”
20. “Make the most of the Indian Hemp Seed and sow it everywhere.”
21. “Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can’t remember what they are.”
22. “Marijuana saved my life. I have no doubts about it and you don’t need to show me any data.”
23. “If the words “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.”
24. “Stop killing each other man. Let’s just smoke a blunt.”
25. “Everything is better with a bag of weed.”
Who needs a hit after all that inspiration? Check out the Herb Shop for everything you need for your next sesh, like the DaVinci IQ Vaporizer.
Recreational marijuana was linked to a decrease in reported rapes and thefts.
The feds seize money from people who have never been charged with a crime and then use it to crack down on the cannabis industry.
The campaign is closer than we think.