What’s better than smoking a high-quality strain of bud? Mixing two high-quality strains of course. For frequent smokers, mixing strains can be a great way break that tolerance threshold to get highs that are akin to those experienced after tolerance breaks. Simply put, mixing strains (or ‘making a salad’) can get you higher, and who doesn’t want that?
Mixing strains and the Entourage Effect
In 1998, cannabis science pioneer Dr. Raphael Mechoulam found that the cooperative effects of combined cannabinoids (like THC and CBD for example) could be more powerful than a single, isolated compound. The entourage effect also includes the terpenoids and the flavonoids, which are responsible for the spectrum of cannabis’ flavors and aromas.
Mixing strains can not only get you higher, it can also heighten cannabis’ therapeutic abilities. If you want to experiment with this, here are the best strains to get the job done.
1. Granddaddy Purple + Sour Diesel
2. Blue Dream + Cheese
3. Durban Poison + Girl Scout Cookies
4. Charlotte’s Web + Super Lemon Haze
Latest posts by Tiffany King (see all)
- Is Smoking Weed While Taking Prescription Drugs a Good Idea? - October 1, 2017
- New Study Shows That More Cancer Patients Are Seeking Cannabis - September 30, 2017
- National Cancer Institute Low-Key Admitted Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells - September 28, 2017