Did anyone else hear that dinner bell ringing just now? If the sweet, succulent visuals below aren’t enough to whet your appetite and get you running to the table, then you should take a deeper look at what’s on the menu. You’re Roasted Chicken has more to it than “meats” the eye, and it’s packed full of flavor and health benefits to keep you coming back for seconds—and thirds! Two of the key ingredients in the delectable dish just happen to be botanicals with magical healing factors that can help keep you away from the doctor’s office with a little addition into your routine. Cannabis to the rescue, just in thyme!
Just in thyme
According to Health Line, beyond tasting great, thyme can benefit the body in a lot of ways. Among other things, this particular herb is known to help fight off coughs, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, and help soothe an upset stomach.
Couple that with the fantastic healing factors that cannabis carries within its beautiful buds, and this dish can pack quite the powerful punch.
Cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are known to reduce pain and inflammation and to increase appetite, in addition to easing stress, anxiety, and depression. Depending on the dosage, this herb can also supply you with an enjoyable cerebral lift, perfect for stimulating after-dinner conversation.
The recipe below from your friends at MagicalButter.com uses infused coconut oil (a heart-healthy saturated fat) and MagicalButter, which are quite easy to prepare with an MB botanical extractor.
This user-friendly countertop appliance takes the guesswork out of creating infused cannabis foods, making it a cinch to cook up this yummy “You’re Roasted Chicken” for your next dinner party.
Check out the recipe below, and be sure to share your experience as well as the amazing benefits with your friends and family!
You’re Roasted Chicken
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml Magical Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter, clarified
- 1 roasting chicken (5-6 pounds/2¼-2¾ kg)
- 1 tablespoons/15 ml poultry seasoning
- 3-4 teaspoons/15-20 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml garlic powder
- 20-25 baby cut carrots
- 7-10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise (Meyer lemon recommended)
- 1 bulb garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel (tops removed, and cut into wedges––optional)
- 1 pinch/⅓ ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- Remove everything from inside the chicken, and rinse it inside and out
- Remove most of the fat, skin, and any leftover pinfeathers from the back of the chicken, and pat it dry. Pat, pat. Who’s a good bird? That’s a good little birdie
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the MagicalButter, half the oil, the garlic powder, and poultry seasoning, and liberally rub it over the chicken. Salt and pepper the inside
- Stuff the chicken with 1 thyme bunch, both halves of the lemon, and the garlic bulb
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string, tucking the wing tips under the body
- In a roasting pan, toss the onions, carrots, and fennel with the rest of the oil, salt, pepper, and the remaining sprigs of thyme
- Spread the vegetables evenly in a 9″ x 13″/23 x 33 cm roasting pan, and place the chicken on top
- Roast the chicken for 1½-2 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F/70°C
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter. Cover them with foil for about 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to commingle and infuse together
- “You’re Roasted, Chicken!” Serve, and enjoy!
- When cooking poultry, the general rule of thumb is: 450°F/230°C to roast a whole (thawed) chicken. Roast for 10-15 minutes per pound
- If including herb flower in your recipe, use 350°F/180°C, and cook for 20 minutes per pound
- When time is up, if the meat thermometer reads less than 160°F/70°C, return the chicken to the oven for an additional 10 minutes; then re-check the internal temperature
- Suggested side dishes: The vegetables from the pan; mashed potatoes and gravy
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Garyn Angel is an inventor, award-winning financial consultant, and CEO of MagicalButter.com, maker of the botanical extractor he invented for infusing cannabis into foods. Firmly committed to necessary law reform, Angel was named to the exclusive CNBC NEXT List of visionary global business leaders for his work on legal marijuana. He is also founder of the Cheers to Goodness Foundation, a charity that helps “medical refugees”—mainly veterans and children—who need herbal therapy when traditional treatment options have failed.