Who doesn’t remember their first time trying pot? Not only was it exciting, but it was also an experience unlike any other. But as with any new activity, you had no clue what to expect. In fact, you probably didn’t know much of anything when it came to the wonderful world of weed. From how to properly inhale your ganja to learning how to grind your bud, here are 11 things you wish you knew when you first started getting high.
1. Holding your hits in for extended periods of time isn’t necessary
Do you remember thinking that holding in your bong hits would get you twice as high? If so, then you know that all it really did was make you choke.
2. The grinder is your best friend
At first, you likely broke down your bud with your fingers. Or, you were so clueless that you just ripped off chunks of weed and smoked them. Now, you know that a grinder is an essential tool.
3. Weed won’t (typically) make you trip out
Did you think you’d see some mystical creature while high? If so, you aren’t alone. But as it turns out, pot won’t make you see a random unicorn in the woods after all.
4. The difference between indica and sativa
That time you smoked a sativa at 2 am and had no idea.
5. There’s more than one way to get high
Aside from that Pepsi can you once loved so much, there have always been countless ways to get high. You didn’t know it at the time, though.
6. Storing your stash in a plastic bag is not a permanent solution
Oh, the amount of bud you wasted by leaving it in a plastic bag for days. Stash jars are the way to go.
7. Eating raw weed won’t get you stoned
Then, there’s the time you ate raw pot expecting it to get you high.
8. Smoking your bud until it turns to ashes is not healthy
You spend your hard earned money on your bud, so of course, you want to make it last as long as possible. However, smoking on the same ganja until it turns to ashes not only tastes terrible but is also harsh on your lungs.
9. Packing fresh weed on top of ashes is also a no-no
In an attempt to make your pot last, you decided to pack fresh ganja on top of weed that you probably lit a good 15 times. In the end, all you accomplished was a clogged piece. Always empty out your device before packing it again.
10. Edibles take time to kick in
Unlike smoking the herb, edibles can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours to get you lit.
11. Holding smoke in your mouth will not do the trick
You have to actually inhale. Who knew?
Latest posts by Brittney Sanger (see all)
- This Cannabis Grower Was Caught Using Human Feces As Fertilizer - October 20, 2017
- 10 Cool Weed Pipes To Add To Your Collection - September 30, 2017
- ‘Exodus 40 Live’ Celebrates The 40th Anniversary of Bob Marley’s Legendary Album - September 29, 2017