This traditional holiday turkey recipe takes a weed-infused turn with some help from a magical baste and marinade. And if a turned-up bird isn’t enough to make things feel totally festive, it’s easy to whip up a batch of simple, delicious cannabis butter-based gravy with the drippings so you can add a little bit of magic to everything on your plate. Leftovers have never been so lit.
Feeling thankful? It’s all gravy, baby.
Make a delicious cannabis-infused roast turkey with gravy in just a few simple steps:
Prep time: 15 m / Cook time: 15 m per pound / Total time: 225-300 m
For the Magical Turkey:
- ⅔ Cup Fresh Herbed MagicalButter
- 1 whole turkey (15-20 pounds)
- 1 cup champagne or dry white wine
- 8-10 cloves garlic: half of them minced, half whole
- 3 tablespoons Ginzo Garlic Seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium onions, rough-diced
- 2 large carrots, rough-diced
- 2 celery stalks, rough-diced
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Put ½ cup of your Fresh Herbed MagicalButter into a small bowl.
- Using a meat injector, carefully inject the turkey breast and legs with the butter.
- Lift the breast skin, and rub the Ginzo Garlic Seasoning mix onto the meat beneath the skin.
- Into your roasting pan, add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, 2 tablespoons of herbed MagicalButter, salt, and pepper.
- Then add the champagne, and give it a quick stir.
- Place the turkey atop the vegetable/champagne mix, inserting 1-2 handfuls of it into the body of the turkey along with a few sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Cover the turkey completely with aluminum foil, and place it in the center of the oven.
- Cook for about 2½ hours per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Let your Magical Turkey rest for 15 minutes before carving to keep it nice and juicy, and enjoy!
For the cannabis-infused Turkey gravy:
- 6 TBSP Fresh Herbed MagicalButter
- 6 TBSP organic all-purpose flour
- 4½ Cups turkey broth (drippings from the turkey ok too)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a small pan on medium heat, add the herbed MagicalButter and flour, and cook for 2 minutes, whisking vigorously.
- When the mixture starts to thin and bubble, reduce the heat to low, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, whisking occasionally, creating a roux.
- Remove your roux for the heat.
- Place all the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance.
Pour your Magical Turkey Gravy into a gravy boat or serving dish, and enjoy!