Photo by Jonathan Coward for Herb
Making hash from kief is easy and requires minimal supplies. Technically, you could roll kief around in your fingertips and voila! Finger hash. Alternatively, put your kief into the corner of a plastic sandwich bag and squish it together repeatedly with your fingers. After about 10 minutes, you’ll have hash.
In case you want to see how 100% kief-based hash should look like, check out this Super Lemon Haze CBD Hash from Pure CBD Vapors. Ideal for beginners or experienced hash smokers alike, this product is tasty and 100% kief-based. It even comes with a pipe!
You’ll need a lot of kief for your homemade hash. So, you can either wait a few years to collect enough kief for your hash, or you can get a grinder that will maximize kief collection and speed up the process.
Want our recommendation? Check out the Kannastör GR8TR V2. This high-quality 4-pieced aluminum grinder features interchangeable grater plates that deliver different grind levels and razor-sharp blades that maximize kief production. Besides, it has one of the largest kief storage compartments out there.
But if you want to make a beautiful, black rectangular slab of hash—the kind you see in the movies—you’re better off following this simple but effective hash making method.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
WHAT TO DO:
2. Fold your parchment paper tightly around the hash in squares. If necessary, use tape to keep the parchment paper folded around the kief. If you have scissors, cut off any excess parchment paper hanging off of the square of kief. The goal is to have parchment paper covering every inch of your kief, but no more than that. Put another big sheet of parchment paper underneath your parchment paper covered hash square to act as a placemat.
3. Fill your jar with boiled water and fasten the lid tightly. Use an oven mitt, towel, or cloth to handle the jar after it’s filled with boiling water. It will be very hot to touch.
4. Roll the hot jar of water back and forth across the parchment paper covered square of hash. Apply pressure to the jar while rolling it back and forth. Do this for up to 10 minutes.
5. Put the parchment paper covered hash square in your freezer for an hour. This will cool it down, and make it easily separable from the parchment paper.
6. Take your hash out of the parchment paper and enjoy!
Hash oil is known by many names. Shatter, wax, dabs—whatever you call it, the purpose is the same: to elevate your high to the next level. Fortunately, making hash oil from kief is even easier than making hash from kief.
To make hash oil from kief, you only need three ingredients (and one of them is kief.) The first two steps are also nearly identical to how you make hash from kief. So without further ado, read this quick guide and make some hash oil already.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
WHAT TO DO
2. Fold your parchment paper tightly around the hash in squares. If necessary, use tape to keep the parchment paper folded around the kief. If you have scissors, cut off any excess parchment paper hanging off of the square of kief. The goal is to have parchment paper covering every inch of your kief, but no more than that. Then, wrap that square of kief in another sheet of parchment paper (you only need to fold this second sheet over the square once.)
3. Turn your hair straightener on the lowest setting, and let it heat up for 1 – 2 minutes.
4. Clamp your hair straightener over the rectangular shape of your kief, and press down hard. Use one hand to clamp the iron shut, and press down on top with your other hand so that the iron is being squeezed between your hand and the table beneath the hair straightener. Push down hard, and hold for about 10 seconds. Be careful not to burn yourself, you may need oven mitts depending on how hot the outside of the straightener gets.
5. Remove the parchment paper containing the kief from the hair straightener, and unfold it. You’ll notice that hash oil has been squeezed out of the edges of the inside square of kief-filled parchment paper. That oil is ready to smoke! But you probably have more kief in your square of kief-filled parchment paper, so fold a new sheet of parchment paper around it once more, and repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the kief has been used.
6. The golden-colored substance left over on the parchment paper is your hash oil. It’s recommended that you enjoy it out of a dab rig.
Nothing more than a durable water bottle, or so you thought.
Go ahead and watch these hilarious stoner movies.
As with OJ, CBD or cannabis tinctures, are ALWAYS BETTER when freshly squeezed and true to the plant. Something that our friends a…