Location: Toronto, Los Angeles, Remote
Herb is the world’s largest and most engaged cannabis community.
Over the next decade our mission is to create a global community of 100,000,000 conscious cannabis consumers and allow them to discover and buy the best cannabis products in the world.
We are dedicated to freeing every person incarcerated for cannabis globally through our work with Last Prisoner Project and REFORM.
We are looking for a proven Key Account Manager to play a central role in retaining and growing key accounts at Herb.
You will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining long term key customers by comprehending their requirements.
The ideal candidate will be apt in building strong relationships with strategic customers. You will be able to identify needs and requirements to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction.
The goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success.
The core role of a key account manager (KAM) is to handle the most valuable clients. They manage the account, build strong relationships with the client, identify challenges or opportunities, and find ways to assist with these challenges and opportunities.
- Responsible for the management of key client accounts, owning the complete client experience from end to end and taking responsibility for client satisfaction and key business outcomes
- Communicates with clients to ensure that all complaints are resolved and all needs are met, with a focus on improving the long-term client experience
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Identify relationships within the brands we work with
- Know account's current business objectives, financial health, and market
- Determine targets for the account and develop strategy for hitting those targets
- Collaborates with product, design, and sales teams to ensure that all customer needs are being met
- Collects and analyzes data concerning client behavior to understand changing needs
- Care on a personal level for brands
- Set measurable goals for appointments & calls, year-over-year revenue growth, and retention and renewal rate
- Builds strong client relationships to maintain old business and acquire new customers
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Map out every customer stakeholder. This information will help you figure out which relationships you need to build and maintain — as well as anyone who could potentially derail your plans.
- Note each person's title, role in the decision-making process, how much contact you've had within them, and how "friendly" they are.
- Owns the KPIs of churn, lifetime value, NPS, and referral rate
- Client-first orientation: willing to go above and beyond the bare necessities to give our clients a high-touch, world-class experience
- Ownership mindset: has a bias to action, moves to the next step without being told, and comes with solutions not just problems
- Growth mindset: always learning and adapting, takes feedback well, and builds on individual strengths while closing gaps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to listen to client needs and clarify value offerings and updates to clients
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to deal with different types of clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills to help resolve client complaints and needs
- Strong analytical skills to interpret client data and recommend new approaches internally
- Time management and multitasking skills to handle multiple tasks and clients and competing priorities at once
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong knowledge of account management and how to achieve goals for brands via content, social media, and SEO
- Extensive experience with Keynote and creating presentations and designs (with tools like Photoshop)
- Portfolio of beautiful, detail oriented designs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Entrepreneurial experience
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of cannabis around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, CV, resume, linkedin, or whatever represents what you do best. Matt (firstname.lastname@example.org) is looking forward to reviewing your application.