As the leaves slowly change colors, summer comes to an end.
We must note that you can’t keep your pumpkin bong around for long. Because it’s a vegetable, it molds very easily after time and interaction with moisture. It’s best to use your pumpkin bong for a day or two before you want to carve it into a jack-o-lantern for Halloween.
Also, change your pumpkin bong water after each sesh to ensure you’re not making a breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
Without further ado, here’s how to make your very own pumpkin bong.
Making a pumpkin bong is basically the same as carving a pumpkin. In fact, it’s a bit easier. Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Take your pumpkin and carve out the stem like you would when carving a jack-o-lantern.
2. Once your stem is removed, set it aside and take your large spoon to scoop out the innards. By the time you’re done, there should be no seeds or guts inside the pumpkin. The inner walls should be scraped clean.
3. Now that your pumpkin is empty, you want to plan where your downstem and mouthpiece will go. With a marker, trace your downstem somewhere on the bottom half of the pumpkin so the percs can be submerged in the water later. Take your large straw and trace it anywhere on the pumpkin; this will be your mouthpiece.
4. Take your smaller, sharp knife and carve out the inside of the two marked circles you created. Slowly slide your downstem into the bottom hole and the large straw into the mouthpiece hole.
5. If you’re a regular bong user, you probably know where to go from here. Fill up your bong with enough water, so the downstem’s percs are fully submerged.
6. Take your bowl piece and pack it with weed, then place the piece inside the downstem. Take your pumpkin stem and put it back on to act as a lid. Then, spark your bowl and inhale from the straw.
7. Congratulations, you just made your own pumpkin bong! Just remember, this themed bong only lasts a day or two, then you can transform it into a regular jack-o-lantern for Hallows Eve.