Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Love Grandma's apple pie? This infused apple pie has all the fixings plus a little something special!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 sheets of refrigerated pie crusts
6 cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (Granny Smith, Golden Delicious or Honey Crisp)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups CannaButter, cubed
1/8 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Press a pie crust sheet firmly into the bottom of a pie dish and up the sides of the pan.
- Trim the edge of the dough with kitchen scissors, leaving 1 inch of dough to hang over the edge of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine the apples and lemon juice in a large bowl, mix well.
- Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Mix well, making sure to coat all the apples.
- Transfer the filling mix to the dough-lined pan.
- Disperse cubed CannaButter on top of the apple filling evenly.
- Place the second pie sheet over the filled pie. Trim edges appropriately, leaving 1 inch of dough hanging.
- Fold the edge of the top layer of dough under the edge of the bottom layer of dough. Pinch dough sheets together to seal.
- Cut an "X" across the top center of the dough to allow steam to escape, alternatively poke the dough with a fork.
- Put the uncooked pie in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove pie from refrigerator and bake for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Keeping marijuana away from children and teenagers has long been a rallying cry of prohibitionists. But now there's data to show their argument doesn't hold up.
"Do you happen to have any cookies left? I got a guy coming by."
Toking, puffing, vaping, and edibles are all tried and true methods of consuming cannabis. But one company is still asking: are you suuuure you don’t want to try your nose?
In Japan, simply possessing cannabis can lead to a five-year prison sentence. For foreigners, it can mean deportation and a lifelong ban from the country.
It all began with some reindeer in Siberia.
With the fast expansion of the cannabis industry around the globe, countries are competing to have the best ganja. But who is winning?
It looks like women are not only leading as entrepreneurs in the cannabis world but as consumers too.
Despite being significantly safer, cannabis advertising is under fire while beer advertisements saturate billboards and television screens.