Creamy Ganja GnocchiSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a classic Italian potato gnocchi recipe with a stoner twist. You'll be able to give an Italian grandmother a run for her money!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsCream Sauce:1 gram ground cannabis½ cup creamFresh Potato Gnocchi:2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled2 cups all-purpose flourMushroom Mix:¼ cup olive oil1 red onion, choppedSalt½ teaspoon crushed red pepper1 pound assorted mushrooms¼ cup red wine (preferably shiraz)¼ cup chopped parsley1 tablespoon chopped garlic1 cup beef stockFreshly grated Parmesan cheese (to top the dish)Equipment:Ricer
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add the ground cannabis to the heavy cream and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the cream from the cannabis flakes and set aside.
- Now onto the gnocchi. Get the potatoes and chop into small chunks, then place them in a large cooking pot. Add water to the potatoes (so that they are covered) and boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are tender. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes using a strainer, then using a ricer, put the potatoes through and keep the shredded potatoes in a large bowl. Let the potatoes cool at room temperature.
- Add flour to the potatoes and mix it into dough. If the dough seems soaked, add a little more flour. Roll the dough into 10 logs that are an inch thick. Cut the logs lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces and toss with a bit of flour.
- To make the mushroom mix, add olive oil to a large saucepan. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Add mushroom and cook until they are golden brown (should take 5 minutes). Add wine to the pan and swirl it around to scrape up any cooked bits. Now add garlic and parsley, and cook for 3 minutes. Add beef stock and cook for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the cannabis-infused cream to the mix and simmer for another few minutes.
- Add gnocchi to a large pot of boiling water and cook until the gnocchi float to the surface. This should take less than 2 minutes).
- Drain the pot and serve with the sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy the dish with friends and let it warm your soul!
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Vape pens are kind of like the marijuana version of hot dogs: they seem great, so long as you don’t know what’s in them.
Here is what we wish we could say to anti-pot proponents who want to stamp labels on our foreheads and separate us from the rest of society.
But it's not all good news.
Will these incidents become more common in California when the recreational market opens in 2018?
The goods—wrapped around her torso and legs like winter clothing—were valued at more than $5,000.
It was never really about safety.
Keeping marijuana away from children and teenagers has long been a rallying cry of prohibitionists. But now there's data to show their argument doesn't hold up.
"Do you happen to have any cookies left? I got a guy coming by."