Creamy Ganja Gnocchi
This is a classic Italian potato gnocchi recipe with a stoner twist. You’ll be able to give an Italian grandmother a run for her money!
January 25, 2012
Cream Sauce:1 gram ground cannabis½ cup creamFresh Potato Gnocchi:2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled2 cups all-purpose flourMushroom Mix:¼ cup olive oil1 red onion, choppedSalt½ teaspoon crushed red pepper1 pound assorted mushrooms¼ cup red wine (preferably shiraz)¼ cup chopped parsley1 tablespoon chopped garlic1 cup beef stockFreshly grated Parmesan cheese (to top the dish)Equipment:Ricer
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add the ground cannabis to the heavy cream and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the cream from the cannabis flakes and set aside.
- Now onto the gnocchi. Get the potatoes and chop into small chunks, then place them in a large cooking pot. Add water to the potatoes (so that they are covered) and boil over high heat. Cook until potatoes are tender. This should take around 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes using a strainer, then using a ricer, put the potatoes through and keep the shredded potatoes in a large bowl. Let the potatoes cool at room temperature.
- Add flour to the potatoes and mix it into dough. If the dough seems soaked, add a little more flour. Roll the dough into 10 logs that are an inch thick. Cut the logs lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces and toss with a bit of flour.
- To make the mushroom mix, add olive oil to a large saucepan. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with salt and crushed red pepper. Add mushroom and cook until they are golden brown (should take 5 minutes). Add wine to the pan and swirl it around to scrape up any cooked bits. Now add garlic and parsley, and cook for 3 minutes. Add beef stock and cook for 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the cannabis-infused cream to the mix and simmer for another few minutes.
- Add gnocchi to a large pot of boiling water and cook until the gnocchi float to the surface. This should take less than 2 minutes).
- Drain the pot and serve with the sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy the dish with friends and let it warm your soul!
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
January 25, 2012 — Last Updated