Peanut & Hemp Chikki SquaresSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Also commonly referred to as Peanut Brittle, this sweet Indian snack is a delicious way to consume your cannabis and is an ideal finger food for parties and large groups!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 C peanuts
½ C whole hemp seeds
1 Tbscannaghee + a little extra for greasing
¾ C jaggery (coarse brown sugar)
- Roast peanuts in a pan over medium flame for approx. 5-6 minutes. Stir constantly to prevent burning. Let roasted peanuts cool for 3-4 minutes. Remove peanut skins while they are still warm and break into halves.
- Lightly toast hemp seeds in a shallow pan over low flame for 3-4 minutes. Keep shaking and stirring so that the seeds don't 'pop'. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Grease surface of counter top or reverse side of a big plate and a rolling pin with ghee (your choice whether you want to use cannaghee here or just regular butter).
- Heat cannaghee in a heavy-bottomed pan over low flame. Add jaggery and stir continuously over low flame until jaggery dissolves. Cook for 5 more minutes over low flame checking consistency (*see consistency test).
- Turn off flame and add peanut halves and hemp seeds. Keep mixing until it's well coated with the dissolved jaggery.
- Pour your mixture over the greased countertop or plate. Quickly roll the mixture flat using your rolling pin. Keep its thickness around ½ inch.
- Cut into 2 inch squares while your mixture is still hot, otherwise it'll be hard to cut.
- Let your chikki squares cool and enjoy!
* Consistency Test:
Check consistency of the dissolved jaggery by putting a small drop of it in a bowl filled with water. If the jaggery drop turns into a solid drop and sits at the bottom of bowl, then it's cooked. Otherwise, cook it longer and check again.
Note: Do not heat the jaggery for a long time otherwise your Chikki Squares will turn rock hard. Do not eat more than one square if you made really potent cannaghee.
Featured image whatscookingmom.in
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to drug test people on welfare.
Small towns are a strange place to be a stoner.
The reasons to support the legalization of cannabis are seemingly innumerable, but this is a good place to start.
Ireland will likely start the process of legalizing recreational cannabis within four years, according to Dublin politician Gino Kenny.
Ever wondered how to get the biggest buds with minimal effort? Here is the lazy stoner's guide to growing weed at home.
Filmmakers are ignoring half of the community.
Nonna Marijuana walks us through a drink that’ll warm you up and roast you.
Although we now live in a world where we are surrounded by dab rigs, 3-feet tall bongs, and high-tech vaporizers, joints are still the best way to get high.