Chef Blaine Alexandr from My 420 Tours takes you through the creation of Phoenix Tears, a cannabis tincture made with grain alcohol.
August 11, 2013
2 sturdy, heatproof glass jars with lids (i.e. Mason jars)
1 small jar
Large coffee filter
Electric Stove - NOT gas!
Grain alcohol (enough to cover the ground weed, plus an inch). For example, Everclear
1/2 oz (14g) of high-grade, 20%+ THC cannabis
- Break down the cannabis with pestle in the sturdy glass jar
- Pour the grain alcohol on the cannabis, adding an additional inch of liquid on top
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by heating the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Cover jar with a lid
- Store in a dark place for 72 hours
- Remove the lid from the jar
- Heat the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Slowly pour the liquid through the coffee filter into the second jar
- Squeeze the remnants out of the coffee filter
- Drive off the excess liquid by placing the jar into the large pot of water and heating on a Medium-Low heat (rolling bubble or simmer) for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pour into a smaller jar and continue to evaporate the remaining liquid in the simmering pot
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
August 11, 2013 — Last Updated