Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Chef Blaine Alexandr from My 420 Tours takes you through the creation of Phoenix Tears, a cannabis tincture made with grain alcohol.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients2 sturdy, heatproof glass jars with lids (i.e. Mason jars)
1 small jar
Large coffee filter
Electric Stove - NOT gas!
Grain alcohol (enough to cover the ground weed, plus an inch). For example, Everclear
1/2 oz (14g) of high-grade, 20%+ THC cannabis
- Break down the cannabis with pestle in the sturdy glass jar
- Pour the grain alcohol on the cannabis, adding an additional inch of liquid on top
- Decarboxylate the cannabis by heating the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Cover jar with a lid
- Store in a dark place for 72 hours
- Remove the lid from the jar
- Heat the jar in a large pot of water, until there are a few bubbles and movement in the jar
- Slowly pour the liquid through the coffee filter into the second jar
- Squeeze the remnants out of the coffee filter
- Drive off the excess liquid by placing the jar into the large pot of water and heating on a Medium-Low heat (rolling bubble or simmer) for 15-20 minutes or so.
- Pour into a smaller jar and continue to evaporate the remaining liquid in the simmering pot
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Whether you live in Oregon or you're just visiting, here are the things you should know about the state's marijuana laws.
"It's amazing. It's really the start of the culmination of a four-year journey for us," said one Maryland dispensary owner.
Due to a legal grey-zone that exists between state and federal law, lawyers representing cannabis businesses now fear that they will be charged.
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.
These legendary strains will amaze even if the most veteran smokers—if you can find them.
Drugslab, funded by the Dutch Government, features three Blonde babes trying everything from peyote to poppers.
Former Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino once compared the legalization of marijuana to the legalization of murder.
Cannabis saved these veterans' lives. Now, they're paying it forward.