The tomahawk rib eye (also called a cowboy rib eye) is a rib steak with the entire rib bone left intact. The bone is trimmed of meat and fat, making for an impressive presentation
September 21, 2006
1 (18-ounce) bone-in cowboy-cut rib eye, at room temperature
2 tablespoons canola oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons Garlic-Herb Cannabutter or another compound butter of your choosing
- Put a 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Rub the steak with the oil and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Wearing an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and put it on the stove over high heat. Put the steak in the pan and sear it for 1 minute, then turn it and sear on the other side for 1 minute. Flip the steak and carefully return the pan to the oven.
- Cook the steak for 3 minutes, flip it, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F. Remove it from the oven and let it rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
- Slice meat off the bone and cut into thick slices.
- Top with cannabutter.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook:
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
September 21, 2006 — Last Updated