Triple-Chocolate Espresso Cookies
Everyone who tastes these cookies begs us for the recipe – it has the perfect cocoa flavor, plus two kinds of chocolate chips and just a hint of espresso.
Cooking spray, for greasing the baking sheets
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and espresso powders, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the bittersweet and white chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are set and no longer shiny, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
August 10, 2014 — Last Updated