Photo by Hero Images/Getty Images
Green Dragon is an alcohol-based cannabis extract that’s famous for how simple it is to make, and how potent its effects can be (if you’re not careful about dosing). While you can knock Green Dragon back like a shot of alcohol, the recommended way to administer this cannabis extract is through an eye dropper so that you can consume small dosages of a few milligrams. This will prevent you from having a bad experience with cannabis edibles and extracts that may forever taint your opinion of them, and discourage you from ever trying them again. Think about it: did you begin your foray into alcohol by funneling a 26-ounce bottle of vodka? More likely, you started off with one beer.
Another great thing about Green Dragon is its simplicity. If you live in a place that isn’t conducive to cooking up an elaborate cannabis edible on the stove in a multi-hour long project, Green Dragon may be your best bet. The only “cooking” you need to do is decarboxylating your cannabis in the oven.
1.Start by decarboxylating your cannabis. To do this, preheat your oven to 220° Fahrenheit. While you’re waiting for it to heat up, line your cooking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Then, grind up your cannabis flower so that it’s in the same consistency you would want it in if you were going to roll a joint. Spread it evenly across the parchment paper on the cooking pan.
3. Once your oven is at 220° Fahrenheit, put your cooking pan of ground cannabis flower in the oven on the middle tray. Leave it there for 30 to 45 minutes.
4. Next, move your decarboxylated cannabis into your mason jar. Pour your high-proof alcohol into your mason jar until it reaches the rim of the jar. Put your cap on the mason jar and shake it.
5. Let the mixture inside the jar sit for a few weeks. Every day, shake the jar thoroughly.
6. After a week, it’s time to separate the cannabis flower from the infused alcohol. Remove the lid on your mason jar. Attach your cheesecloth to the top of your jar so that you have some cloth hanging down over the outside of the jar. Next, tightly secure the cheesecloth to the top of the jar using your rubber band. Once the cloth is secure, tilt the mason jar upside down over your bowl, allowing the liquid to pour out of the mason jar and into the bowl. Once all of the liquid from your jar has emptied into the bowl, take the cheesecloth off the mason jar and wring it out over the bowl, being careful that no pieces of ground cannabis fall into the bowl. This will allow you to collect any additional infused alcohol that may be stuck inside the cheesecloth.
7. Finally, you’re going to transfer the liquid in your bowl into your eyedropper. To accomplish this, squeeze the top of your eyedropper, and submerge the bottom of the shaft into your liquid. Then, release the top, so that liquid gets pulled into the eyedropper. Put the dropper into the bottle, and once again squeeze the top of the dropper, successfully transferring the liquid into the bottle. Repeat this cycle until all of the liquid has been transferred into the bottle (you may need multiple eyedropper bottles).
8. Congratulations, your Green Dragon is ready! To be safe, start with a dose of 1 ml, and day by day, increase your dosage by 1 ml until you’re happy with the effects.
A possible addition to the dry herb vape rotation, don’t go Solo without trying this out.
Head to these recreational-friendly countries for your next vacation.
This luxury storage case is perfect for stoners on the go who want to keep their belongings out of sight.
Underrepresented entrepreneurs looking to develop your cannabis business, this is the program for you.