Photography by Jonathan Coward for Herb
Rolling a hash joint is simple. If you already know how to roll a regular joint, it’s laughably simple. There are two popular techniques that can be used to roll a hash joint: one with tobacco, and one with cannabis. Both techniques have their pros and cons, so why not experiment with both to find your favorite? Let’s start with a hash joint made with cannabis.
Hash joints rolled with cannabis are a good option because tobacco is an extremely unhealthy substance, addictive, and not wise to use long-term. One recent study even found tobacco to be the most detrimental of all addictive substances to society, mostly because of its prevalence, addictiveness, and impact on life expectancy.
While smoking anything isn’t good for the lungs, research has shown that cannabis is not as damaging to the lungs as tobacco. This might be the number one reason why you would choose to smoke hash in a joint rolled with cannabis rather than tobacco. Other obvious benefits are that it will taste better, and it will inevitably be more potent.
Smoking a hash joint made with tobacco, on the other hand, will allow you to more clearly experience the effects of the hash, as there isn’t any other cannabis offering its own brand of high. Of course, you get a slight buzz off the tobacco, but there will be much less crisscrossing between the high you get from the hash, and the high you would get from the ground cannabis.
Smoking hash in a joint is as simple as smoking a regular joint. In fact, smoking hash in a joint is likely the easiest way to smoke hash, compared to other methods like hot knives and bottle tokes. The only variable will depend on the other ingredient you use: tobacco or cannabis. Below you’ll learn how to roll both types of joints.
1. Ground up enough cannabis to roll a normal-sized joint—the kind you would smoke on any other day.
3. Roll a filter for your hash joint using filter tips. If you don’t have those, you can use a business card or something of similar material.
4. Put the filter at the end of your rolling paper. Sprinkle half of the ground cannabis in your rolling paper.
5. Sprinkle the ground up bits of hash evenly across the cannabis in the rolling paper.
6. Sprinkle the remaining ground cannabis over the hash in the rolling paper, and twist close.
1. Buy rolling tobacco from your local tobacco or corner store. Portion out the amount of tobacco you want to smoke on the table. If you don’t have access to rolling tobacco, empty out the amount of tobacco you want to smoke from a cigarette.
3. Roll a filter for your hash joint using filter tips. If you don’t have those, you can use a business card or something of a similar material.
4. Put the filter in the end of your rolling paper. Sprinkle half of the tobacco on the table in your rolling paper.
5. Sprinkle the ground up bits of hash evenly across the tobacco in the rolling paper.
6. Sprinkle the remaining tobacco over the hash.
7. Finish rolling the joint, light, and smoke.
Just like with smoking, some entry-level users tend to ‘dip their toes in the water’ with cannabinoids that are a little less inva…
Some sativa strains can provide feelings of extreme euphoria and an uplifting mood boost. You’ll just have to know how to pick the…
Whether you’ve just run out of snacks when the munchies hit or have reached the bottom of the air freshener when you need it the m…
We’ve tried putting together a list of the strains that members of our team like to use as a pairing to a run. Let us know what yo…