This recipe begs for a ripe, beautiful avocado. Pick one that yields to gentle pressure. Avocado browns easily when cut, so drizzle it with lemon juice after peeling to keep it looking fresh.
2 teaspoons cannabutter, at room temperature 4 slices ripe tomato (optional)
1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the bread. Spread 1 teaspoon of the cannabutter on each slice.
- Place 2 slices of tomato on each piece of toast, if using.
- Toss the avocado with the lemon juice and divide the slices between the 2 pieces of toast.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.
- Store the remaining serving in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Enjoy the second serving chilled or at room temperature.