Black Pepper Drop Biscuits
Drop biscuits are very easy to make – there’s no rolling out and cutting involved. These biscuits are light, fluffy, and savory with a hint of black pepper. They freeze well, so feel free to double the recipe.
April 21, 2016
1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose our
1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons cold cannabutter, cut into small cubes
3⁄4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the flour, pepper, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade or in a large bowl. Whisk or pulse to combine.
- Add both cold butters to the flour mixture. Pulse in the food processor, or cut the butter into the flour with a pastry cutter or 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Slowly add the buttermilk and pulse or stir with a fork until the dough just comes together. It will be tacky.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between scoops.
- Bake the biscuits until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove them from the oven and brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool slightly before serving (they’re also delicious at room temperature).
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
April 21, 2016 — Last Updated