- How To Make Cannabis-Infused Three Mushroom Stew With Pasta
How To Make Cannabis-Infused Three Mushroom Stew With Pasta
The earthy mushrooms and their perfumed broth pair well with a whole wheat or whole grain pasta or rice. There is a depth of flavor that has hints of cannabis and rosemary along with the subtle and fantastic flavor of the sautéed leeks and carrots. If you must have a meat or poultry, add cooked chicken in step 2.
October 17, 2017
Photo courtesy of Laurie Smith
½ oz. dried shitake mushrooms
4-6 tablespoons canna-olive oil. If more oil is needed, use unmedicated oil.
2 leeks, rinsed and chopped, do not use tough green tops
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
2 lbs. assorted mushrooms, cut into uniform sizes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
16 oz. pasta of any shape.
Many cannabis recipes call for infused oils, butter, or tincture. One of the easiest ways to make fast-infusions is through the help of kitchen devices like the MagicalButter machine, a slow cooker for botanical infusions. Already have your oil? Here's how to make some delicious three-mushroom stew:
Making the CannaOil for this recipe couldn't be easier thanks to the MagicalButter machine. Check it out for all of your cannabis-infused recipes.
- In a small bowl combine the dried mushrooms with 1 cup of hot water. Allow mixture to sit for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil. Sauté the leeks and the carrots until cooked and tender, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Place in a bowl. Add the fresh mushrooms to the pan and cook until the moisture from the mushrooms is released, 8-10 minutes. Add the rosemary and the salt and return the vegetables to the pan along with the mushrooms and their liquid.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Divide the cooked pasta between the 6 plates. Place the mushrooms on top of each serving of pasta. Keep warm.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
October 17, 2017 — Last Updated December 17, 2019