CannApple Upside Down Cake
This Cannabis-infused upside down cake will put a unique spin on your typical apple desserts!
November 22, 2014
Cana-Mel & Apples
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 apples, Braeburn or Fuji, peeled and sliced to 1/4 inch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat brown sugar, 1/4 cup CannaButter and honey in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Arrange apple slices over caramel mixture in 2 overlapping concentric circles to cover bottom of pan, starting on outside edge.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat 3/4 cup CannaButter and sugar in large bowl at medium spread for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk just until incorporated and smooth, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Carefully spread batter over apple slices.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and pulls slightly away from sides and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, remove parchment. Serve warm.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
November 22, 2014 — Last Updated