CannApple Upside Down CakeSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This Cannabis-infused upside down cake will put a unique spin on your typical apple desserts!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsCana-Mel & Apples
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
2-3 apples, Braeburn or Fuji, peeled and sliced to 1/4 inch
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 2-inch round baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat brown sugar, 1/4 cup CannaButter and honey in medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high, bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Arrange apple slices over caramel mixture in 2 overlapping concentric circles to cover bottom of pan, starting on outside edge.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Beat 3/4 cup CannaButter and sugar in large bowl at medium spread for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk just until incorporated and smooth, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Carefully spread batter over apple slices.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and pulls slightly away from sides and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, remove parchment. Serve warm.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Toking, puffing, vaping, and edibles are all tried and true methods of consuming cannabis. But one company is still asking: are you suuuure you don’t want to try your nose?
In Japan, simply possessing cannabis can lead to a five-year prison sentence. For foreigners, it can mean deportation and a lifelong ban from the country.
It all began with some reindeer in Siberia.
With the fast expansion of the cannabis industry around the globe, countries are competing to have the best ganja. But who is winning?
It looks like women are not only leading as entrepreneurs in the cannabis world but as consumers too.
Despite being significantly safer, cannabis advertising is under fire while beer advertisements saturate billboards and television screens.
Divorcing art from drugs can be as difficult as divorcing artists from their drugs.
How should parents educate their children on drug use amid a paradigm shift in cannabis attitudes?