Chorizo–Goat Cheese Quesadillas
A quesadilla can be so much more than just melted cheese in a tortilla. Our version pairs spicy chorizo with the creaminess and tang of goat cheese.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 link chorizo, removed from the casing and crumbled,
or 1⁄4 cup bulk chorizo
1⁄4 cup creamy goat cheese
2 teaspoons cannaoil
2 (6-inch) our tortillas
Sour cream, for serving (optional) Salsa, for serving (optional)
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the green onions and chorizo, breaking the sausage up with a spoon into small pieces. Sauté until the onions are tender and all the pink has disappeared from the meat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the goat cheese and cannaoil. Add the chorizo mixture and mix thoroughly. Don't wash the skillet.
- In the same skillet, heat one of the tortillas.
- Spread the filling across one tortilla, leaving a 1⁄4-inch border around the edges, and place the second tortilla on top.
- Cook the quesadilla, turning once, until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Let the quesadilla rest for a few minutes before cutting it in half and serving it with the sour cream and salsa, if using.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook:
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
June 15, 2006 — Last Updated