Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Soup
We used to avoid broccoli, but this soup changed all that; with a fabulous velvety texture, it hits the spot on a cold day.
May 20, 2006
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons cannabutter
1 small onion, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose our
2 cups vegetable stock
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
2 cups milk
1 cup half-and-half
3 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
Salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the our and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes to eliminate the raw- our taste, not letting it brown.
- Add the stock and broccoli and cook for 9 minutes. Turn o the heat and let the soup cool slightly.
- Working in 2 batches, puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Or, if you have an immersion blender, you can puree the soup directly in the pot.
- Return the blended soup to the pot. Over medium-low heat, add the milk, half-and-half, and cheddar, and stir until cheese melts.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, and garnish with more cheddar before serving.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook:
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
May 20, 2006 — Last Updated