Dark Chocolate Hemp Energy BitesSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with these decadent (and healthy) Dark Chocolate Hemp Energy Bites. Indulge in this healthy snack guilt free!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup packed (200 g) pitted dates (medjool is best)
2 cups (240 g) raw walnuts
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp (38 g) cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for rolling
3 Tbsp (28 g) hemp seeds, plus more for rolling
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp (48 g) creamy almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
1 Tbsp (15 ml) melted coconut oil (optional: for extra fudgy texture)
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse/mix until small bites remain or a ball forms. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add walnuts to the food processor and pulse into a fine meal. Then add cacao powder, hemp seeds and sea salt. Pulse a few more times to combine. (Don't overmix or the walnuts will turn into butter.)
- Add the dates back in along with the almond butter and melted coconut oil (optional). Mix/pulse to combine. The result should be a moist dough-like mixture. If too wet, add a bit more cacao powder or hemp seeds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Then scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts (I like this scoop) and carefully form into balls. The dough will be somewhat fragile, so use the warmth of your hands to gently form/roll them into balls. There should be about 20 energy bites total.
- Roll in extra hemp seeds or cacao powder (optional). Note: The bites get a fudgy, sticky outer texture when rolled in cacao powder - which I liked. But for less sticky energy bites, stick with hemp seeds!
- Store leftovers in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to drug test people on welfare.
Small towns are a strange place to be a stoner.
The reasons to support the legalization of cannabis are seemingly innumerable, but this is a good place to start.
Ireland will likely start the process of legalizing recreational cannabis within four years, according to Dublin politician Gino Kenny.
Ever wondered how to get the biggest buds with minimal effort? Here is the lazy stoner's guide to growing weed at home.
Filmmakers are ignoring half of the community.
Nonna Marijuana walks us through a drink that’ll warm you up and roast you.
Although we now live in a world where we are surrounded by dab rigs, 3-feet tall bongs, and high-tech vaporizers, joints are still the best way to get high.