Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This is a garlic-herb compound butter made using cannabutter and a number of fresh herbs and seasonings. It goes particularly well with our Tomahawk Ribeye recipe.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup cannabutter
1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Bring your cannabutter to room temperature and blend in additional ingredients. This can be done by hand (with a fork or spoon) or in a food processor. To ensure even distribution, mix the butter for at least 1 to 2 minutes. If you use a food processor, be sure not to overmix (you don't want to heat the butter up too much).
- Once the butter is thoroughly blended, transfer it to a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the butter into a log and wrap it tightly. Put it in a freezer zip-top bag before storing it in the fridge or freezer. (If it's not properly stored, butter can absorb avors that may be lingering in your fridge or freezer.)
Cannabutters should not be heated to a high temperature, because a large percentage of the THC will evaporate, resulting in a bitter-tasting, minimally medicated edible. For cannabis-infused recipes, the compound cannabutters are usually added at the very end of a recipe, so there is little danger of them overheating.
Your Source for Everything Cannabis
Latest posts by HERB (see all)
- The Merlin is the ultimate smoke-anywhere tool for the cannabis connoisseur - November 20, 2017
- These Veterans Think Armchair Politicians Shouldn’t Tell Them Weed Isn’t Medicine - October 27, 2017
- The 4 Best Detox Drinks For Passing A Drug Test And Keeping Your Job - October 24, 2017
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 12 Jun, 2011
Recommended For You
Charles Manson showed the world how easily free love could be twisted into its opposite. He was the antithesis of 60s counterculture while impersonating it.
A couple is suing the local cops and Nationwide Insurance after they were arrested when an insurance agent mistook their hibiscus plants for cannabis.
Raymond Stansel was a fisherman who became a kingpin in Florida’s illicit marijuana market. But like the current legal status of weed, Stansel was complex.
Time for cannabis craftsmen to trade shovels for pencils. These positions also offer six-figure salaries, usually around the $200,000 per year mark, or higher.
In many states, medical marijuana patients can be fired for smoking weed in the privacy of their homes
Can you get fired for using cannabis, even if it's for medical reasons and only at home? Unfortunately, in many states, yes.
No longer will enthusiasts be forced to choose between the portability of a blunt or joint and the heady-efficiency of a dab rig. The Merlin can shapeshift.
MDMA offers staggeringly effective results in treating and curing PTSD. In preparation, psychiatrists are dropping MDMA to better understand how the drug works.
Depression affects over 16 million Americans per year. While it's not for everyone, unlike many prescription pills you won't have to wait 8 weeks to know if cannabis works for you.