Grilled Asparagus & vinaigrette
This side dish adds an excellent kick to any meal!
July 31, 2013
1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
5 tablespoons extra virgin CannaOil
1 orange, juice and zest
6 thin slices pancetta, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, divided
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
pinch cayenne pepper
- In a dry skillet, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until crisp and slightly browned. Set a paper towel on a plate and allow the pancetta to drain while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2-1 teaspoon orange zest (depending on how orangey you want the vinaigrette to be), 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dark brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in 4 tablespoons of CannaOil until the vinaigrette is well combined. Set aside either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining tablespoon of CannaOil, as wells as the remaining kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high and arrange the asparagus on the grill to cook.
- Cook the asparagus for about 12-15 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the asparagus is tender but still al dente.
- To serve, toss the cooked asparagus with several spoonfuls of vinaigrette (you may need the entire batch) and sprinkle with the crisp pancetta.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
July 31, 2013 — Last Updated