Grilled Asparagus & vinaigretteSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This side dish adds an excellent kick to any meal!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
5 tablespoons extra virgin CannaOil
1 orange, juice and zest
6 thin slices pancetta, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, divided
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
pinch cayenne pepper
- In a dry skillet, heat the pancetta over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until crisp and slightly browned. Set a paper towel on a plate and allow the pancetta to drain while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon orange juice, 1/2-1 teaspoon orange zest (depending on how orangey you want the vinaigrette to be), 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, dark brown sugar and cayenne pepper. Gradually whisk in 4 tablespoons of CannaOil until the vinaigrette is well combined. Set aside either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining tablespoon of CannaOil, as wells as the remaining kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan to medium-high and arrange the asparagus on the grill to cook.
- Cook the asparagus for about 12-15 minutes, turning once halfway through, until the asparagus is tender but still al dente.
- To serve, toss the cooked asparagus with several spoonfuls of vinaigrette (you may need the entire batch) and sprinkle with the crisp pancetta.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
The reasons to support the legalization of cannabis are seemingly innumerable, but this is a good place to start.
Ireland will likely start the process of legalizing recreational cannabis within four years, according to Dublin politician Gino Kenny.
Ever wondered how to get the biggest buds with minimal effort? Here is the lazy stoner's guide to growing weed at home.
Filmmakers are ignoring half of the community.
Nonna Marijuana walks us through a drink that’ll warm you up and roast you.
Although we now live in a world where we are surrounded by dab rigs, 3-feet tall bongs, and high-tech vaporizers, joints are still the best way to get high.
The DaVinci IQ is quite literally the most genius vaporizer you'll ever wrap your hands around.
Opponents of legal marijuana love to use “the safety of children” as a primary reason for why marijuana should remain federally prohibited. Turns out, they are wrong.