Hemp Brie And Pear PizzaSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This Hemp Brie and Pear Pizza literally melts in your mouth. Garnish the top of the pizza with caramelized onions for a sweeter version.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon natural cane sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon hemp oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 cup plain hemp protein powder
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
3 tablespoons olive or hemp oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (8-ounce) wheel Brie cheese, thinly sliced
1-2 ripe pears, such as Bosc, thinly sliced
- Make crusts: In a large bowl, combine warm water and sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top and allow to sit for 10 minutes (it should be bubbly). Add oil, salt, and oregano and start mixing on low speed. Add hemp protein powder, whole-wheat flour, and 1½ cups all-purpose flour. Mix until flour is well incorporated. Slowly add additional flour by the tablespoon until dough is no longer sticky but holds together well. Once the dough is no longer wet and sticking, mix on medium speed for 10 minutes (or knead by hand).
- After 10 minutes, dough should be soft. Roll dough into a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- After 1 hour, punch dough down and roll onto a floured surface. Divide into two equal portions and form two balls. Allow to sit, covered with a towel, for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500˚. Roll out each dough ball to create two large pizza crusts. Place pizza dough onto stoneware or two large cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Poke the dough with a fork all over the crust about an inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While crusts bake, mix together 3 tablespoons olive or hemp oil, crushed garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes, remove crusts from oven and reduce heat to 400˚. Brush pizza with oil-garlic mixture and top with Brie and pear slices. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
It was never really about safety.
Keeping marijuana away from children and teenagers has long been a rallying cry of prohibitionists. But now there's data to show their argument doesn't hold up.
"Do you happen to have any cookies left? I got a guy coming by."
Toking, puffing, vaping, and edibles are all tried and true methods of consuming cannabis. But one company is still asking: are you suuuure you don’t want to try your nose?
In Japan, simply possessing cannabis can lead to a five-year prison sentence. For foreigners, it can mean deportation and a lifelong ban from the country.
It all began with some reindeer in Siberia.
With the fast expansion of the cannabis industry around the globe, countries are competing to have the best ganja. But who is winning?
It looks like women are not only leading as entrepreneurs in the cannabis world but as consumers too.