Medicated Butternut Squash Soup
Who is soup-er excited for the colder months? We are, thanks to this delicious heart-warming number!
July 2, 2011
1 (2 to 3 pound) butternut squash, peeled and seeded
1 tbsp. unmedicated unsalted butter
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 medium white onion (small dice)
1 small red pepper (small dice)
5 cups low sodium chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1 1⁄2 tbsp. cannabutter
Optional addition: dollop of crème fraiche, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- Cut squash into 1-inch chunks, and set aside.
- In large stock pot melt unmedicated butter and vegetable oil. Add diced onion, red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. This will take around 8 minutes.
- Add squash and stock to the pot, bring to a simmer, and cook until squash is tender. (Approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot.
- Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Lastly add cannabutter and gently stir for 4 minutes ensuring even distribution. Serve with dollop of crème fraiche.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
July 02, 2011 — Last Updated