Nachos With Cheddar Cheese SauceSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Back in the day, we made nachos with shredded cheese. It got the job done, but once we started using this cheddar cheese sauce, we’ve never looked back!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
3 cups tortilla chips
3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
3 tablespoons all-purpose our
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup (whole or 2 percent) milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the chips on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chips to a serving platter.
- Top with the green onions and tomato.
- Pour the cheese sauce over chips and serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over low heat. Whisk in the our, salt, and white pepper and cook for several minutes, stirring, to remove the raw our taste.
- Slowly pour in the milk and cream, stirring constantly; this ensures a smooth and creamy consistency. Once the milk and cream have been added, add the cream cheese in three or four pieces, whisking between each addition.
- Continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar a 1⁄2 cup at a time, whisking between each addition, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the nutmeg, and serve immediately.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Nonna Marijuana walks us through a drink that’ll warm you up and roast you.
Although we now live in a world where we are surrounded by dab rigs, 3-feet tall bongs, and high-tech vaporizers, joints are still the best way to get high.
The DaVinci IQ is quite literally the most genius vaporizer you'll ever wrap your hands around.
Opponents of legal marijuana love to use “the safety of children” as a primary reason for why marijuana should remain federally prohibited. Turns out, they are wrong.
Cannabis produces nutrients found in no other plant in the world. Humans have been eating the cannabis plant for over 9,000 years. So why did we stop?
The pot-loving pals have both taken their fair share of bong-shaped trophies home from the "Stony Awards." Yes, that's a thing.
Parents desperate for autism treatments refuse to wait for cannabis legalization.