Pineapple Upside Down Canna-CakeSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
A sweet and juicy cake with a herbal kick
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients9-inch pie dish
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar
7 slices of pineapple, canned or fresh
½ cup maraschino cherries
1½ cups CannaFlour (CannaFlour Recipe)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup CannaButter, melted (CannaButter Recipe)
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup CannaMilk (CannaMilk Recipe)
½ cup pineapple juice, fresh or unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with the topping by pouring ½ cup melted butter into the pie dish, making sure to coat the entire pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the melted butter on the bottom of the pie dish. Lay pineapple slices and cherries on the bottom of the dish. Set topping-coated pie dish on the side.
- Mix CannaFlour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place melted CannaButter in separate bowl. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk vigorously until lumps are broken down. Whisk in eggs, milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly add dry CannaFlour mix to the butter mix. Stir until smooth. Cake batter will be thick.
- Transfer batter into prepared pan, spreading over top the pineapple topping.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered in preheated oven.
- Remove after 20 minutes. Cover pie dish loosely with aluminum foil. Return to oven and cook for another 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, turn pie dish upside down and gently dump the cake on to a serving dish. Slice and serve!
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Divorcing art from drugs can be as difficult as divorcing artists from their drugs.
How should parents educate their children on drug use amid a paradigm shift in cannabis attitudes?
Most people who live in the state support pot for medical purposes. Advocates are sick of waiting for politicians to do something about it.
Whether you live in Oregon or you're just visiting, here are the things you should know about the state's marijuana laws.
"It's amazing. It's really the start of the culmination of a four-year journey for us," said one Maryland dispensary owner.
Due to a legal grey-zone that exists between state and federal law, lawyers representing cannabis businesses now fear that they will be charged.
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.
These legendary strains will amaze even if the most veteran smokers—if you can find them.