Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Poppy seeds and frosting never tasted so good!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
1 3/4 cups CannaFlour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted CannaButter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 cup creme fraiche
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creme fraiche
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of a 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together CannaFlour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at a medium speed for 30 seconds, until creamy. Add sugar, beat for 5 minutes or until light, creamy and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture in 3 parts alternately, with 1 cup creme fraiche, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in poppy seeds and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- Spoon and spread batter into pan (it will be very thick). Bake 35-40 minutes or until dark golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Right before serving, in another large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at low speed until smooth. Slowly beat in 1 cup creme fraiche until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat frosting until firm (but do not let stiff peaks form). Beat in lemon peel and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract.
- Spread frosting over cake. Store in refrigerator.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.
These legendary strains will amaze even if the most veteran smokers—if you can find them.
Drugslab, funded by the Dutch Government, features three Blonde babes trying everything from peyote to poppers.
Former Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino once compared the legalization of marijuana to the legalization of murder.
Cannabis saved these veterans' lives. Now, they're paying it forward.
Depression, insomnia, and appetite disturbance are all considered symptoms of cannabis withdrawal.
Vape pens are a great way to smoke weed in public, but where do you get the cartridges if you don't live in a green state? You make them, of course.
As politicians continue to recycle brute-force methods of beating the drugs out of America, a more civilized answer is crying out to them from the side of a highway in Indiana.