Pot-sciutto Mac and CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
These mac ’n’ cheese cups are an ideal party appetizer or mid-afternoon snack. Or for a satisfying meal, serve them alongside some sautéed zucchini or ribs!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsFew dishes are more comforting than gooey macaroni and cheese hot out of the oven. But I've made it even more appealing by serving it in individual prosciutto cups topped with crispy panko. These mac 'n' cheese cups are an ideal party appetizer or mid-afternoon snack. Or for a satisfying meal, serve them alongside some sautéed zucchini or ribs!
8 ounces elbow macaroni
6 very thin slices prosciutto (about 3 ounces)
3 tablespoons unsalted canna-butter
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canna-flour
1/4 cup panko
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 ounces)
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for salting the pasta cooking water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Bring a large saucepan (about 4 quarts) of heavily salted water to a bcanna-oil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. When the pasta is al dente, reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water; then drain.
- Meanwhile, cut the prosciutto in half crosswise.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the canna-butter in a small frying pan over medium heat until foaming. Add the panko and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- While the pasta is draining, rinse the saucepan and wipe it dry.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of canna-butter in the saucepan over medium-low heat until foaming. Add the cana-flour and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking occasionally, until the cana-flour has darkened slightly in color, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk very slowly, whisking it into the cana-flour-canna-butter mixture. Continue cooking, whisking constantly to smooth out any lumps, until the mixture simmers and thickens, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the reserved pasta water, cheeses, mustard, measured salt, and pepper and whisk until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Divide the pasta mixture among the wells of the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with the toasted panko. Cook until the edges of the mac 'n' cheese cups are bubbling slightly and the tops are light golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the muffin pan to a wire rack and let it cool for 5 minutes. Run a small knife around the perimeter of each well to loosen and remove the prosciutto cups. Serve immediately.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Cannabis companies in Canada say advertising is important for fighting stigma while others express concern it could cause drug abuse.
Divorcing art from drugs can be as difficult as divorcing artists from their drugs.
How should parents educate their children on drug use amid a paradigm shift in cannabis attitudes?
Most people who live in the state support pot for medical purposes. Advocates are sick of waiting for politicians to do something about it.
Whether you live in Oregon or you're just visiting, here are the things you should know about the state's marijuana laws.
"It's amazing. It's really the start of the culmination of a four-year journey for us," said one Maryland dispensary owner.
Due to a legal grey-zone that exists between state and federal law, lawyers representing cannabis businesses now fear that they will be charged.
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.