Seared Sirloin With Savory Bread PuddingSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Good aged balsamic vinegar has great body and a complex sweetness that makes this sirloin sing. But the best part of this dish is the savory bread pudding on the side.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsFor the bread pudding:
Cooking spray, for greasing the pan
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
1 white onion, diced
4 ounces cremini mushrooms
3 tablespoons diced water chestnuts
2 teaspoons garlic-and-herb seasoning blend
1⁄2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt (kosher or sea)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons cannabutter
1⁄2 cup buttermilk
1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
6 ounces plain bread stuffing cubes
For the sirloin:
4 (5-ounce) sirloin steaks, at room temperature
4 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and coarsely ground fresh black pepper
Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling Sea salt, for sprinkling
Chopped cilantro, for garnish Chopped green onion tops, for garnish
Make the bread pudding:
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Spray a standard-size muffin pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add celery, celery leaves, and onion and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated, about minutes more.
- Stir in the water chestnuts, spice blend, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add the cannabutter, buttermilk, and stock, mixing thoroughly.
- Put the stuffing in a large bowl and pour the vegetable mixture over it. Thoroughly combine the stuffing and vegetables.
- Distribute the stuffing evenly among the cups of the prepared muffin pan (it should make 10 muffins).
- Bake the bread puddings until they are golden brown, 25 to 28 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through baking.
- Remove the pan from the oven, tent it with aluminum foil to keep the bread puddings warm while you prepare the steaks, and increase the heat to 400°F.
- Dry the steaks with paper towels. Rub each steak with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Put a wire rack on a baking sheet and set it aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium/high heat. Cook the steaks 2 at a time to avoid overcrowding, for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the steaks and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
- Put the steaks on the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet.Cook the steaks to the desired degree of doneness: 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare, 5 to 7 for medium, 8 to 9 for medium well. If the pan is not large enough to comfortably hold the steaks, prepare in batches.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let them rest, tented with aluminum foil, for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the steaks with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with sea salt, and top with the cilantro and green onion. Serve them alongside the bread pudding.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
"Do you happen to have any cookies left? I got a guy coming by."
Toking, puffing, vaping, and edibles are all tried and true methods of consuming cannabis. But one company is still asking: are you suuuure you don’t want to try your nose?
In Japan, simply possessing cannabis can lead to a five-year prison sentence. For foreigners, it can mean deportation and a lifelong ban from the country.
It all began with some reindeer in Siberia.
With the fast expansion of the cannabis industry around the globe, countries are competing to have the best ganja. But who is winning?
It looks like women are not only leading as entrepreneurs in the cannabis world but as consumers too.
Despite being significantly safer, cannabis advertising is under fire while beer advertisements saturate billboards and television screens.
Divorcing art from drugs can be as difficult as divorcing artists from their drugs.