Smokin’ Veggie BurgerSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
A healthy summertime veggie burger with a cannabis kick!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 can (15 oz) dark kideny beans, drained rinsed and divided
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons CannaFlour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/4 cup finely shredded aged cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 3/8-inch wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
1 tablespoon olive CannaOil
1/4 cup salsa (optional
- Place half of the beans in a large bowl, mash slightly with a fork. Stir in half of the oats.
- Pulse the remaining oats until finely ground. Add remaining beans, pulse until chopped.
- Agg egg whites, CannaFlour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chili powder, process about 1 minute or until coarse paste forms. Add mashed beans and oat mixture, stir in cheese, green onion and cilantro.
- Divide mixture into fourths. Spray a large plate with cooking spray. Working on the plate, form each portion into a 4-inch patty, 1/2-inch thick. Place on a small baking sheet sprayed with cookin spray. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes until chilled.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush zucchini and bell peper with CannaOil, sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat grill, brush grill grate or large sheet of foil or coals 8-10 minutes or until slightly charred and crisp-tender, turning once.
- Grill burgers and zucchini, covered 6-8 minutes or until burgers are firm and zucchini is lightly browned and almost tender, turning once. Halve zucchini crosswise.
- Top burgers with zucchini and bell pepper. Serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired. Serve on whole wheat sandwich thins or mini flax, oat bran or whole wheat pita bread.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.
These legendary strains will amaze even if the most veteran smokers—if you can find them.
Drugslab, funded by the Dutch Government, features three Blonde babes trying everything from peyote to poppers.
Former Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino once compared the legalization of marijuana to the legalization of murder.
Cannabis saved these veterans' lives. Now, they're paying it forward.
Depression, insomnia, and appetite disturbance are all considered symptoms of cannabis withdrawal.
Vape pens are a great way to smoke weed in public, but where do you get the cartridges if you don't live in a green state? You make them, of course.
As politicians continue to recycle brute-force methods of beating the drugs out of America, a more civilized answer is crying out to them from the side of a highway in Indiana.