Spaghetti With Arugula Pesto
This pasta has a double hit of arugula – it’s blended into the tangy and earthy pesto, and then raw leaves are tossed with the finished pasta. We love this pesto and always keep some on hand to spread on sandwiches and bruschetta.
1⁄2 cup walnuts
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 teaspoons canna-olive oil
1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 pound spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse 6 cups of the arugula, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper until pureed. With the machine running, add the 1⁄2 cup olive oil and canna-olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube to make a pesto. Stir in the Parmesan and set the pesto aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain the spaghetti, return it to the pot o the heat, and toss it with the pesto and baby arugula.
- Divide the pasta among 4 plates, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and top with extra Parmesan.