Spaghetti With Arugula PestoSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This pasta has a double hit of arugula - it’s blended into the tangy and earthy pesto, and then raw leaves are tossed with the finished pasta. We love this pesto and always keep some on hand to spread on sandwiches and bruschetta.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients6 cups packed arugula plus 1 bunch baby arugula
1⁄2 cup walnuts
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 teaspoons canna-olive oil
1⁄4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 pound spaghetti
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse 6 cups of the arugula, walnuts, garlic, salt, and pepper until pureed. With the machine running, add the 1⁄2 cup olive oil and canna-olive oil in a steady stream through the feed tube to make a pesto. Stir in the Parmesan and set the pesto aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain the spaghetti, return it to the pot o the heat, and toss it with the pesto and baby arugula.
- Divide the pasta among 4 plates, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and top with extra Parmesan.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Parents desperate for autism treatments refuse to wait for cannabis legalization.
Vape pens are kind of like the marijuana version of hot dogs: they seem great, so long as you don’t know what’s in them.
Here is what we wish we could say to anti-pot proponents who want to stamp labels on our foreheads and separate us from the rest of society.
But it's not all good news.
Will these incidents become more common in California when the recreational market opens in 2018?
The goods—wrapped around her torso and legs like winter clothing—were valued at more than $5,000.
It was never really about safety.
Keeping marijuana away from children and teenagers has long been a rallying cry of prohibitionists. But now there's data to show their argument doesn't hold up.