Teriyaki-style Chicken Wings
These wings are a fun departure from the traditional. The combination of sweet, sour, and salty is a home run
3 pounds chicken wings, about 24 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 3⁄4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1⁄4 cup orange juice 1⁄4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1⁄4 cup ketchup
1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 tablespoons cannaoil
2 tablespoons chopped cashews, for garnish
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry. Cut off wing tips and discard. Separate wings at joint into 2 pieces.
- Toss wings with vegetable oil to coat and spread out on baking sheets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn wings over and bake an additional 15 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the wing registers 150°F.
- While wings are baking, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, hoisin sauce, ketchup, coconut sugar, white wine vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, chili powder, and cannaoil.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the pan from the heat.
- When the wings are cooked, transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sauce over them and toss the wings with the sauce to coat evenly.
- Arrange the wings on a serving tray and use a spatula to scrape out any sauce that is left in the bowl, drizzling it over the wings. Garnish with cashews and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: |
Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis.
Like this recipe? Get your copy today
Read the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
May 26, 2007 — Last Updated