Tricolor Marshmellow Cereal Treats
Adding fruit flavors to the classic dessert of marshmallows and crisped-rice cereal gives it a whole new eye appeal.
1.2 ounces freeze-dried strawberries
1.2 ounces freeze-dried blueberries
1.2 ounces freeze-dried mangoes
9 cups crisp rice cereal
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 tablespoons cannabutter
5 ounces mini marshmallows
- Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with baking spray and line with parchment paper, allowing 2 inches of overhang on each side.
- In a completely dry blender, or in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse the strawberries until they become fruit dust.
- Transfer the pulverized strawberries to a medium bowl, clean the blender or food processor, and repeat, separately, with the blueberries and mangoes, placing each fruit into its own bowl.
- Add 3 cups of the cereal to each bowl. Toss to coat with the fruit dust.
- In a small saucepan, melt the unsalted butter and cannabutter over medium-low heat. Gradually add the marshmallows, stirring until they are melted and combined.
- Divide the marshmallow mixture among the three bowls, stirring well to combine.
- Using your fingers, press the strawberry layer into the prepared baking dish.
- Press the blueberry and mango layers into the dish over the strawberry layer.
- Allow the treats to set at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes before removing from baking dish and cutting into bars.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
April 12, 2016 — Last Updated