Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
These whoopie pies will have you whooping with joy!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup tapioca starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
1 cup CannaOil
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup buttermilk
1 oz red food colouring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup CannaButter, softened
2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9" round cake pans with gluten-free flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, coconut flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat CannaOil and sugar until thoroughly combined, and beat the eggs in one at a time fully incorporated. Stir in the applesauce.
- Beat the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, alternating with buttermilk, in several additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder with red food colouring and vanilla extract to make a paste; gently stir into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool completely before cutting and frosting.
- Use round cookie cutter to cut out the tops and bottoms of the whoopie pies. Take the frosting bag and cut a bottom corner off in order to pipe the frosting onto one side of half of the cake circles.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Nonna Marijuana walks us through a drink that’ll warm you up and roast you.
Although we now live in a world where we are surrounded by dab rigs, 3-feet tall bongs, and high-tech vaporizers, joints are still the best way to get high.
The DaVinci IQ is quite literally the most genius vaporizer you'll ever wrap your hands around.
Opponents of legal marijuana love to use “the safety of children” as a primary reason for why marijuana should remain federally prohibited. Turns out, they are wrong.
Cannabis produces nutrients found in no other plant in the world. Humans have been eating the cannabis plant for over 9,000 years. So why did we stop?
The pot-loving pals have both taken their fair share of bong-shaped trophies home from the "Stony Awards." Yes, that's a thing.
Parents desperate for autism treatments refuse to wait for cannabis legalization.