Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Cannaghee is the basis for many edibles and makes cannabis infusion fantastically quick and simple. This is a must-have for every marijuana chef!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients900g unsalted butter
28g of finely ground, premium grade cannabis
- Melt the butter in a pan at a low temperature so that the butter is hot enough to boil (or you can use the *double boiler method)
- Froth will start forming on the surface. Remove the froth with a spoon.
- Continue until no more froth appears. You will be left with less butter/ghee than you started out with.
- While the ghee is simmering, add the cannabis bit by bit, stirring every time.
- Let the cannabis and ghee simmer for 1-1 ½ hours depending on the color (you'll see the ghee turn a greenish color, but be careful not to overcook it -- who likes wasted pot, right?)
- Strain your mix with cheesecloth and allow it to cool.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerate and use within 1-1 ½ weeks at the max.
*Double Boiler Method:
This method takes a little longer but eliminates the possibility of burning your ghee. Get two vessels of progressively bigger sizes. In the bigger vessel, pour enough water so that it's covering at least ½ an inch of the bottom of the vessel. Proceed to place the smaller vessel in the bigger one but make sure it doesn't overflow. Then place the double boiler over low heat. Stir the ghee constantly until it is melted. You have less chance of burning your ghee this way!
Note: After you've finished preparing your ghee, make sure you test its potency by consuming half a teaspoon at first and waiting for 1-1½ hours for the effects to kick in.
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Here are a few pro tips for becoming an economical stoner.
These are the A-listers who formed unexpected and lifelong bonds over a fat blunt.
Stop debating what to stream next. These flicks never disappoint.
Christmas will be here soon, but there's still time to pick out the perfect present for the weed lover in your life.
The plan, which has already been successfully executed in Portugal, could set an important example for criminal justice reform around the world.
"Normal people need food, we need [ganja]," said one attendee at the holy Hindu festival Maha Shivaratri.
This is the first object from another solar system ever spotted by astronomers.
Lubes, dildo bongs, and "canna-condoms," oh my!