Ganja Ka HalwaSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
This cannabis infused take on the classic Indian dessert, Gajar ka Halwa, is a healthy sweet pudding made from an uncommon ingredient: carrots!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients4 - 4½ cups of grated carrots
4 cups cannamilk
4 tbsp cannaghee
10 - 12 tbsp of organic unrefined cane sugar or 7-8 tablespoons of raw honey, depending on your sweet preference
20 - 25 whole cashew nuts
5 to 6 green cardamom seeds finely powdered or about ⅓ tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron
A handful of toasted hemp seeds
- In a thick-bottomed deep dish pan, combine grated carrots and cannamilk.
- Bring to a boil over a medium flame, then reduce heat and let simmer.
- Keep stirring while the mixture simmers to prevent burning.
- After 5-7 minutes of cooking, the mixture will start to evaporate.
- When the mixture has reduced to 75% its original size, add in the cannaghee for an extra effect and that sweet, sweet Indian goodness, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar/honey and powdered cardamom.
- Let simmer while stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture has a pudding-like consistency, add the cashews, saffron and hemp seeds.
- Continue to stir and simmer until the whole mixture becomes dry. The milk should evaporate completely into fine milk solids.
- Cut and shape into 1 ½ - 3 inch squares, depending on how strong you want it.
- Serve your Halwa hot with a scoop of ice cream (preferably vanilla) or you can even serve it cold.
Note: Be sure to eat responsibly as the combination of cannamilk and cannaghee can result in a very potent dish!
Featured image Ayesha Raheel
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
“Cancer patients who are addicts are using their ports to shoot up," she said. “I’ve never seen so much desperation and sickness before."
Lesotho, a small country nestled inside the borders of South Africa, has legalized medical marijuana. Who will be next on the continent?
These unexpected items will make sure no one knows what you're up to.
Wait, that's a thing? Yup, get ready to cozy up with loved ones...and a joint.
It seems this DARE relic is coming back to haunt us...again.
But will the feds get in the way?
If you live in a state where weed is illegal, there will likely be times when you can't get a hold of it. Here are some proven alternatives for those moments when you need immediate stress, depression or anxiety relief.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to drug test people on welfare.