A sugary snack native to South Asia, this cannabis-infused treat is great for serving at parties and enjoying in groups!
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp gram flour
½ cup plain yogurt, beaten
½ cup water
A dash of baking soda
½ L cannaghee
500 mL sugar syrup
A few threads of saffron
* Consistency Test:
- Mix the all-purpose flour and gram flour in an appropriately sized mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt and water and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes and then perform a consistency test (*see consistency test).
- Add the baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Heat cannaghee over low flame in a deep dish pan while you fill the mixture into a wide-nozzle pastry/icing bag.
- Once the cannaghee is bubbling, squeeze the contents into the pan in any shape you'd like (traditionally they have a concentric circle shape, but you can make them into a weed leaf shape if you have the patience and agility).
- Lightly brown your jalebis on either side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used and let the excess oil drain out.
- Heat the sugar syrup over a low flame and add the saffron.
- Remove the syrup from the flame and drop the jalebis into syrup.
- Drain excess syrup and serve hot!
Check consistency of the dissolved jaggery by putting a small drop of it in a bowl filled with water. If the jaggery drop turns into a solid drop and sits at the bottom of bowl, then it's cooked. Otherwise, cook longer and check again.
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
July 15, 2012 — Last Updated