Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
A sugary snack native to South Asia, this cannabis-infused treat is great for serving at parties and enjoying in groups!
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp gram flour
½ cup plain yogurt, beaten
½ cup water
A dash of baking soda
½ L cannaghee
500 mL sugar syrup
A few threads of saffron
- Mix the all-purpose flour and gram flour in an appropriately sized mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt and water and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Keep mixing for 5-7 minutes and then perform a consistency test (*see consistency test).
- Add the baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- Heat cannaghee over low flame in a deep dish pan while you fill the mixture into a wide-nozzle pastry/icing bag.
- Once the cannaghee is bubbling, squeeze the contents into the pan in any shape you'd like (traditionally they have a concentric circle shape, but you can make them into a weed leaf shape if you have the patience and agility).
- Lightly brown your jalebis on either side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used and let the excess oil drain out.
- Heat the sugar syrup over a low flame and add the saffron.
- Remove the syrup from the flame and drop the jalebis into syrup.
- Drain excess syrup and serve hot!
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
Cannabis companies in Canada say advertising is important for fighting stigma while others express concern it could cause drug abuse.
Divorcing art from drugs can be as difficult as divorcing artists from their drugs.
How should parents educate their children on drug use amid a paradigm shift in cannabis attitudes?
Most people who live in the state support pot for medical purposes. Advocates are sick of waiting for politicians to do something about it.
Whether you live in Oregon or you're just visiting, here are the things you should know about the state's marijuana laws.
"It's amazing. It's really the start of the culmination of a four-year journey for us," said one Maryland dispensary owner.
Due to a legal grey-zone that exists between state and federal law, lawyers representing cannabis businesses now fear that they will be charged.
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.