Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Margaritas are already a fun, delicious treat and way to unwind. Up the ante by infusing your own tequila—it’s easier than you think! Follow this simple recipe to be sipping on your own frosty margarita in no time.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
IngredientsFour fresh limes
Jar of honey
Several cups of ice cubes
Your newly infused medicated tequila
Salt, preferably sea salt (optional)
How To Make Infused Tequila
- Fill a mason jar with plant matter, and pour in enough tequila to cover the plant matter thoroughly.
- Replace the lid, making sure it is screwed on tightly. Shake the jar vigorously, making sure the alcohol is evenly distributed throughout all of the plant matter.
- Place the jar in a cool, dark place for anywhere from one to three weeks. If the alcohol solution is needed as soon as possible, place the jar near something warm, such as a heater or on top of a refrigerator, to speed up the process. If you are leaving the jar for a longer period of time, check on it periodically to shake it and make sure everything in the mixture is evenly distributed.
- After you’ve left the solution for as long as is necessary, strain the liquid from the botanical features. The result should be a fully infused tequila with a golden hue.
- Place 1-2 cups of ice cubes in blender.
- Scrape 4-8 tablespoons of honey (warming the honey slightly in the microwave can make it easier to pour and distribute) into the blender along with the ice.
- Squeeze 2-3 large limes for their juice, and add the resulting juice to the mixture in the blender.
- Free-pour in the alcohol to reach the level of strength you desire in your margarita. Blend sufficiently until smooth. Chill margarita glasses while mixing. Once they are chilled, remove from refrigerator and begin to garnish.
- Dampen and dip the rims in salt if a salted rim is desired. Slice the fourth lime into thin half-slices, and put a small notch in the flesh of each slice so that it can be easily slipped over the rim of the glass.
- Distribute margarita mixture into glasses and grate a small amount of lime zest over the top of each portion. Enjoy while they are still frosty!
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
“I think there’s a misconception that people who are up here are just raking in the cash,” says Becky Crossland of Formidable Flower, a family farm located in Humboldt County.
These legendary strains will amaze even if the most veteran smokers—if you can find them.
Drugslab, funded by the Dutch Government, features three Blonde babes trying everything from peyote to poppers.
Former Toronto Police Chief Julian Fantino once compared the legalization of marijuana to the legalization of murder.
Cannabis saved these veterans' lives. Now, they're paying it forward.
Depression, insomnia, and appetite disturbance are all considered symptoms of cannabis withdrawal.
Vape pens are a great way to smoke weed in public, but where do you get the cartridges if you don't live in a green state? You make them, of course.
As politicians continue to recycle brute-force methods of beating the drugs out of America, a more civilized answer is crying out to them from the side of a highway in Indiana.