How To Make Medicated Meatballs
Everyone loves meatballs. They’re the perfect option for a mid-week meal, especially when served with this deliciously infused rich tomato-based sauce.
October 24, 2018
Mama's Marinara sauce
½ cup Magical Olive Oil
28 ounces (1 can) San Marzano Tomatoes
½ cup Italian style chicken broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 large onion, diced
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 bunch fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup Magical Olive Oil, plus ⅓ cup for frying
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
6-8 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 eggs, whipped
1 onion, caramelized and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the sauce ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 130°F.
- Press the 2 Hours/Butter button. When ready, use in Step 8 below.
- Using your fingers, firmly press the shredded mozzarella into 12-14 balls about 1 inch in diameter and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, caramelized onion, eggs, Pecorino Romano, Italian herbs, granulated garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, ½ cup Magical Olive Oil, and dried basil. Then, using your hands, mix thoroughly until everything is completely blended.
- Scoop a 3-inch ball of the meat mixture into your palm. Using your thumb, form a depression in the center to receive a mozzarella ball.
- After inserting the cheese ball, close the meat around it completely. Repeat with the rest of the meat mixture and cheese balls.
- Place an extra large sauté pan on medium heat for about 45 seconds. Add ⅓ cup of Magical Olive Oil, and heat for 45-60 seconds. Slowly add meatballs one at a time, leaving a little space around them.
- Cook until the meatballs are a rich, golden brown, turning them regularly to prevent burning. Set those aside, and repeat the cooking process with the remaining meatballs. Add the sauce from your MagicalButter pitcher to the pan, and stir thoroughly to coat all the meatballs. Cover the pan, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce from your MagicalButter pitcher to the pan, and stir thoroughly to coat all the meatballs. Cover the pan, and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Plate your Medicated MeatBalls, garnish with freshly chopped basil and grated Romano, and enjoy! Molto
- Plate your Medicated MeatBalls, garnish with freshly chopped basil and grated Romano, and enjoy! Molto delizioso!
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
October 24, 2018 — Last Updated