Old-fashioned Macaroni And CheeseSHARE
Cooking with Cannabis 101
Learn how to be an amazing cannabis chef!
Everyone’s favorite childhood dish, macaroni and cheese still tops the list of comfort foods we crave. Our take on it has a crunchy bread-crumb crust that provides an irresistible textural contrast to the gooey, cheesy pasta beneath.
GET OUR MUST-HAVE HERB DESSERTS COOKBOOK:
Ingredients8 ounces small elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
1 tablespoon all-purpose our 1 cup milk
1 cup half-and-half
1⁄2 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea) Pinch of freshly ground pepper
2 1⁄4 cups good-quality medium- sharp freshly shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1⁄2 cup cheddar crackers, such as Cheez-Its, crushed
1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 340°F and bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Cook the macaroni al dente, according to package directions.
- Drain the macaroni and rinse it with cold water. Return it to the pot off the heat, toss it with the vegetable oil, and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over medium- low heat. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups of the cheddar and mix well.
- Add the cooled pasta to the cheese mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1⁄4 cup cheddar, cheddar crackers, and panko and sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pasta.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
|This delicious recipe is from our cookbook: Herb: Mastering the Art of Cooking with Cannabis. Like this recipe? Get your copy today See the reviews and get your copy on Goodreads and Amazon.|
TRENDINGSEE MORE TRENDING
How long does weed stay in your system? That all depends on the how much you smoke, and the method of testing.
- 18 Oct, 2015
Sometimes it can be good to detox, and sometimes you have no choice because you really want that job you applied for and you know you’re going to be drug tested.
- 7 Apr, 2016
Okay, so you're home with a bag of weed, but you don't have a smoking piece. Well, luckily there are many ways to make homemade bongs and pipes.
- 11 Nov, 2015
Using filters are a matter of preference for smokers, but there are benefits to using joint tips. Learn how to roll amazing joint filter tips, for the perfect joint.
- 15 Dec, 2015
Check out this exploration video of Jamaican weed, and just how much you can score for as little as $20.
- 26 Jan, 2016
Recommended For You
“Cancer patients who are addicts are using their ports to shoot up," she said. “I’ve never seen so much desperation and sickness before."
Lesotho, a small country nestled inside the borders of South Africa, has legalized medical marijuana. Who will be next on the continent?
These unexpected items will make sure no one knows what you're up to.
Wait, that's a thing? Yup, get ready to cozy up with loved ones...and a joint.
It seems this DARE relic is coming back to haunt us...again.
But will the feds get in the way?
If you live in a state where weed is illegal, there will likely be times when you can't get a hold of it. Here are some proven alternatives for those moments when you need immediate stress, depression or anxiety relief.
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to drug test people on welfare.