Photography by Jonathan Coward for Herb
Bubble Hash is a cannabis extract made by forcing flower through progressively smaller filter bags until you get a concentrate. It’s normally made submerged in cold water. This means that unlike extracts like butane honey oil, bubble hash is made without a solvent (i.e. butane). Bubble hash is also more commonly smoked in a pipe, and is not consumed using a dab rig like hash oil.
How exactly do you smoke bubble hash? Follow these simple steps.
To smoke bubble hash out of a pipe, you’ll often hear that it’s necessary to use a “hash pipe.”
But the difference between a pipe you would smoke flower out of, and many hash pipes you’ll come across, is minimal. Often, when people refer to hash pipes, they’re really talking about a pipe with a tight mesh screen that prevents the small pieces of hash from falling through the pipe. Therefore, if you already have a pipe, you could simply put a tight mesh screen in its bowl and use it to consume hash.
If you don’t want the hassle of having to add a mesh, get the KØL pipe. This revolutionary device features a unique cooling and filtering mechanism that prevents anything from getting into your mouth while at the same time cools down the smoke. Without mentioning its stylish design and premium materials.
1. Put a tight mesh screen in the bowl of your pipe.
2. Put some cannabis flower in the bowl. You only really need enough to provide a bed for the bubble hash. However, the amount of flower you put in the bowl is up to you and depends on your tolerance and personal preference. The more flower you put in the bowl, the more potent the high will be.
3. Cut up some small pieces of bubble hash. These pieces should look like little crumbs. The exact size doesn’t need to be precise. They should more or less be 1 or 2 mm squared (0.0015 to 0.0031 of an inch). But don’t worry about sizing them up with a tape measure. Just use your judgment. It’s not rocket science.
4. Put a few pieces of your bubble hash on top of the bed of cannabis in the pipe bowl. Try to rest the pieces of hash close to the sides of your pipe, rather than in the middle.
5. Using a regular lighter, hover the flame just above the pieces of hash while slowly inhaling. The flame should dance just above the pieces of hash. If the flame occasionally touches the bits of hash, that is okay too. The main objective is to vaporize the hash, rather than burning it. If you do this correctly for long enough, eventually you’ll see the hash start to bubble and will be able to pull vapor through the pipe.
6. Continue with step 5 for as long as you can, until your hash, or patience, runs out. Then, allow the flame to light the remaining hash and bed of flower. Inhale slowly, and finish the bowl as if you were smoking a regular bowl of cannabis flower.
Some hash pipes—the best ones—are designed much differently than a normal pipe. Unlike a normal pipe that has one hole in the bottom of the bowl, hash pipes will have at least one small hole (often more) near the top of the bowl. That allows you to vaporize your hash in the bottom of the bowl, allowing the vapor to flow upwards and into the holes at the top of the bowl.
1. Cut up some small pieces of bubble hash. Similarly to smoking in a regular pipe, you don’t need to be too precise. That said, aim for around 1 or 2 mm squared. Again, you’re the judge, don’t overthink it.
2. Put a few pieces of bubble hash in the bowl of your hash pipe.
3. Use a “glass wand” to vaporize the hash. To do this, heat up the tip of your wand with a torch for about 40 seconds. You want to get the tip of the wand just hot enough that it almost turns red hot.
4. Gently press the tip of the glass wand against the hash in the bottom of your hash pipe. This will cause the bubble hash to produce vapor, which you then inhale through the pipe.
5. Exhale the vapor and enjoy.
There are some weed smokers out there who are wondering how to address their coughing situation, how to cough less when smoking we…
If you're looking for a truly discreet, classy-looking bong design, then My Bud Vase might be your safest bet.
With four intent-specific formulations and one of the lowest prices per CBD milligram, these edibles are truly designed to be your…
Small and sleek, the Eyce Mini Beaker is a must-have bong for those who move around a lot.