Rolling the perfect blunt isn’t always easy. From matching the amount of bud with the blunt wrapper to mastering the rolling technique, we’re here to share some of our tips and tricks to getting it right every time.
- To start, you’ll need the following materials: a cigar, some bud, a grinder (to get your weed consistency right), a tray, and a small knife.
- First things first, split the cigar by finding the vein. While it may not be visible initially, after a while of rolling, it’ll become easier to see. Some people even moisten the top of the cigar first to make it easier to split. Whatever your preference is, use a small knife to do the splitting—always lengthwise from butt to tip (the burning end).
- Once you’ve split your cigar, carefully remove its contents by pushing it out with your thumb. Tread carefully at this step since you don’t want to tear the wrapper.
- After you’ve removed all the tobacco from your blunt wrapper, it’s time to grind up your bud. You’re aiming for a fluffy consistency where the weed is still slightly chunky and not overly granular.
- Carefully pack your freshly ground bud into the wrapper, and really try to load it full. If you don’t get enough weed into your blunt, it’ll just end up collapsing in on itself after lighting up. One popular technique is to add slightly more bud to the center of the blunt, and gently push in the contents on either end of the blunt. This way, the blunt’s shape will eventually even out as you’re rolling, and the ends will fill out once again.
- Now onto the actual rolling. There are two different methods to do this—the key is to find which way works best for you.
- For the first method, fold the shorter end of the blunt wrapper down under your bud and roll back and forth using your thumbs. While doing this, make sure your index fingers are applying downward pressure onto your blunt so that you’re getting a snug roll, while also shaping the blunt. As you’re doing this, pay attention to the ends and make sure you don’t accidentally seal them as you’re rolling.
- For the second method, you’ll be rolling from the butt to the tip (the burning end). Start by tucking the bottom flap of the wrapper under the top flap on the butt end—you’ll be repeating this action as you make your way along the blunt to the tip. This method works best if you’ve packed in enough marijuana and your blunt wrapper is too long width-wise.
- Make sure the contents are evened out by rolling your thumb and index finger up and down along the length of the blunt.
- Seal the blunt by licking the wrapper’s edge, and then rolling the rest of the wrapper over the moistened bit.
And there you have it! With a bit of practice and some special attention paid to all the problem areas we pointed out, you’ll be rolling the perfect blunt in no time.
Header photo credit: Shawn Semmes via FlickrSHARE