Pot Stem Tea
Finally a complete recipe for stem tea that tastes delicious and works. Use loose leaf Chai for the best flavour!
May 21, 2011
1/4 cup worth of Stems (add more stems, weed, and/or shake to increase potency)
1 cup of Half and Half
3 cups of water
Tea that will taste good with dairy (I used loose leaf Chai for the best flavour)
- Get out your trusty coffee grinder and grind those stems! This will increase the surface area of the stems, therefore allowing more THC to be extracted.
- In a medium sized pot, add the Half and Half and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. THC is soluble in lipids (fat/oil), so don't use water!
- Add ground stems (of the best indica strains or your favorite one) to the pot and boil for approximately 5-7 minutes. Stir often and watch closely!
- Using a fine reusable coffee or tea filter, strain the mixture into a cup. You may have to work the mixture in the filter for a while to get all the liquid through. There should be about 1/2 a cup of Half and Half now.
- Brew 3 cups of tea according to the directions, but double the amount of tea needed. This will help overpower the taste of the dairy, since it doesn't taste the greatest. I made 3 cups of tea instead of two so there wouldn't be too much dairy in each serving.
- Get your favourite large mug and pour half your tea in. Add 1/4 cup (should be half of what you made) of your special Half and Half. Makes two mugs worth.
- Sweeten your tea with raw sugar as desired. Add a little honey to help cut the taste of the dairy even more. I used cinnamon honey to make the Chai taste even better.
- Enjoy your delicious concoction and it's benefits! Cheers!
if you want to use dry cannabis flower instead of leftover stems and are interested in making an even stronger tea check out our guide on how to make weed tea
Other articles you can be interested in:
- Arizer Argo
- What Is Weed Wax
- Best Synthetic Urine
to Pass a Drug Test
Cannabis For You, Near You
Join the Herb community and get exclusive offers, early access to products, and good vibes.
May 21, 2011 — Last Updated