Photography by Jonathan Coward for HERB
Rose petals have been added to herbal cigarettes since the late 60s and early 70s.
When it comes to weed, they make for one of the smoothest smokes as they contain a small amount of rose essential oil that soothes the throat and reduces coughing.
There are some things to consider, however, before wrapping your herb in petals.
Firstly, avoid roses from supermarkets, and they’re laden with pesticides as they are grown to be beautiful and perfect, not eaten or ingested. Instead, go organic.
Try reaching out to someone you know who doesn’t use pesticides to grow their roses, like your grandma or a neighbor, or buy organic edible rose petals online.
It’s worth the extra effort to do this right. And when you light up, you’ll know why.
Here’s a guide on how to roll a rose blunt perfectly every time.
Make sure they’re clean before using them. Amazon has a few good options you can check out.
There’s gonna be a lot of moving pieces here, so you might want to get an excellent rolling tray that can help you stay on top of everything and avoid waste.
Check out Matriarch’s Blunt Father (aka the ultimate blunt rolling station). With over ten compartments, you’ll have everything organized for your rolling session.
Choose whatever you prefer. We suggest you try a delicate smoke that matches the mood of the rose blunt. Try this CBG flower from Botany Farms that’ll get you energized and has a nice flavor.
The better you grind your weed, the better you’ll rose blunt will smoke. Use a solid grinder like the revolutionary KLIP that slices through your bud without mushing it, creating well-ground, trichome-covered weed.
4. Wash the rose petals to remove any contaminants like bug and bird excrements and also any toxins or contaminants captured by rainwater. Dry the petals thoroughly, but delicately.
5. Take petals, lay them out flat, bubble/round side up with the edges of the petal laying down on the oven safe cooking sheet. This will help them from folding over on each other when they start to wilt.
6. Bake in oven on broil for roughly 10-15 seconds. You can watch them wilt and you can see the moisture collect under the petals when you lift them off the tray.
7. Play around with your temps as all ovens vary and keep a close eye on them as they are in the oven. The petals will become soft and pliable, the color will also get darker during heating and drying.
8. Lick each petal about half way and press them together (this is why you wash them, not to mention smoking something clean).
Usually three petals is a good joint size, but depending on the size you’re going for, you can add petals or only use two.
9. Once licked and all petals are pressed together to form the wrap, put the wrap back in the oven for roughly 10-15 seconds on broil to help dry and set the wet petals.
This also helps dry the petals just a little more for a better burn. If the petals are too wet, the joint or blunt can go out or burn unevenly.
10. Once removed from the oven, you now have a rose wrap that’s ready to be filled and rolled. Continue to use the wrap as you normally would rolling a joint or blunt. (Here’s Herb’s guide to rolling the perfect joint.) Make sure ends are packed evenly for a solid burn.
11. When wrapping my rose joint, I like to use the side with the pretty petal edges, not the side where I tore the thick part of the petal off. It looks prettier in the final joint.
12. Once the rose joint is rolled, put it back in the oven for 10-15 seconds for a final dry and set. Remove and let cool for 2-5 minutes.
This is still just drying the petals. Papers and wraps you normally roll with have very minimal moisture or none at all, it helps the joint burn properly.
You rose petal joint is now ready to enjoy.
Not everyone wants to smoke mouth bacteria. For you to kill just cold and flu viruses, the material you wish to sanitize must reach 165-212 degrees Fahrenheit and maintain this temperature for a minimum of a few minutes.
This is not possible when you only place the rose joint in an oven for a matter of seconds to dry it.
To apply cannabis concentrates to petals, heat up a butter knife or flat dabber with a lighter or torch (be careful and have a safe place to put your knife down when not in use so you don’t get burned or melt your table).
Spread a thin layer of shatter, wax, rosin, etc. on the edge of the rose petal where you normally lick. Press the petals together when the shatter or concentrate is still warm and tacky/sticky.
Keep adding petals until you have the size you want and then roll like normal.
When making the wrap, and heating the concentrate to glue the petals together, be careful not to heat the knife too much or you will scorch the petals. You can always re-heat the dabber again and spread it more. But if it’s too hot you will ruin your beautiful petals with big dark spots like bruises, caused by too much heat.
Once the wrap is made, and after rolling your cannabis into it normally like a joint, leave the rose joint out to dry for 10-20 minutes (depending on the humidity levels where you live). I know this takes time, but your rose joint will be more potent due to the concentrates. Smoke it once it feels relatively dry.
Another advanced option is to purchase a personal cannagar mold. The advantage of the mold is it offers a more uniform look, and also when the bud is compacted the burn time lasts for much longer than it does with a normal joint or blunt.
When making cannagars and rosegars, they usually last 1 hour or more for a solid burn time.
Now you have the ultimate rose petal blunt. This is also sometimes called a Rosegar, since it’s cannagar—a 100% cannabis cigar—but wrapped in rose.
Tip: You can wrap hemp wick around the rose petal blunt to properly store it for prolonged periods of time. Simply take the rose petal blunt and wrap hemp wick lightly around it in very close coils from one end to the other.
This thoroughly compresses the petals and solidifies the blunt. (This is how “thai sticks” are wrapped.) This rose petal blunt can be stored in a glass jar in total darkness for years.
These will last much longer than your normally rolled blunt or joint. They’re not for the faint of heart.
Curious about dabbing? Here are the top tips and tricks for a fun and safe experience. Created with Stiiizy.
Check out these gadgets to take your Chill Bong experience to the next level.
The company's quality products truly speak for themselves.
It's not cheating; it's a smart strategy. Created with Botany Farms.